Quality and Claims Supervisor (FT)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
The Quality and Claims department handles cargo claims, loss prevention initiatives, documentation, procedures and compliance issues. As a Quality and Claims Supervisor you will report to the Claims and Quality manager.
- Monitor indemnity claim files in real time to ensure that jurisdictional benchmarks for the timeliness of initial compensation determinations, accuracy of payment and/or refusals are met, as well as completeness of the files;
- Review local regulations to ensure timely response or filings, when applicable;
- Reconcile penalties incurred to confirm validity and provide recommendations to Claim Management on the appropriateness of a payment or an appeal, when applicable;
- Retroactively reviews selected indemnity claim files from a compliance perspective and summarize results;
- Coordinate and investigate root causes of cargo related incidents;
- Update various manuals;
- Identify and seize opportunities to improve current activities, processes and work methods;
- Monitor agents’ compliance with documentation requirements;
- Assist with compliance activities.
- A Bachelor degree is required;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the Maritime world;
- Thorough grasp of maritime documentation, IMDG code, awareness of claims-handling and international conventions;
- The ability to translate intricate processes into clear, simple and concise instructions;
- Fluent in Dutch and English language, both written and verbal communication. French and/or Portuguese is a plus;
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical skills are necessary;
- Must be organized with effective time management skills to meet strict deadlines, when necessary;
- Pro-active mindset;
- Must have ability to prioritize and focus;
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment and self-motivate;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A modern office in a prime location with open workplaces and good facilities;
- A challenging and dynamic job in a strong and international company;
- An excellent salary with good benefits.
For more information, please contact Amira Abdulkader (HR Officer) on +31 (0) 102818286. If this vacancy appeals to you, please send your CV and letter of motivation to Recruitment@niledutch.com.